Open top menu
Tuesday, 1 August 2017

(Xinhua/THRL) Kenya’s electoral poll senior manager in charge of ICT who had been missing since Friday was found dead in Nairobi on Monday.
President Uhuru Kenyatta: Worried by the electoral officer’s death?
Police said the body of Chris Musando, deputy ICT director of Independence Electoral and Boundary Commission (IEBC) and that of an unidentified woman were found in Kiambu County and taken to a city morgue.
The police had earlier ruled out foul play after his vehicle was found parked in Roysambu, Nairobi.
Musando was one of the few people with knowledge on the location of IEBC servers.
His death came after he had reported to the police about death threats on him by unknown persons.
The electoral body said on Sunday that the last communication the commission received from Musando was an SMS text sent to his colleagues at around 3 a.m on Saturday.
“The content of the text suggests that he was conscious and fully aware of its itinerary for that day,’’ IEBC chairman Wafula Chebukati said on Sunday.
Musando was one of the few staff at the commission with knowledge of where the ICT servers were kept.
The family, however, reported the matter to the police, saying they could not trace him since Saturday morning.
The incident, a big blow to IEBC as Musando was to lead a dry run programme on Monday to demonstrate how transmission of results would be done.
It also came a week to the elections.
The electoral body has since put off the dry run of results transmission system following the sudden death of its ICT manager.
Musando had been on a local television station for a show where he highlighted on their plans to deliver credible polls.
The family said his mobile phones were not reachable since Saturday when he curiously sent a message to his wife saying he was well in the city centre.
No arrest, however, had been made since, in spite of the three different mobile lines Musando had because of the persistent threats.
Police said they are also puzzled with the incident and an investigation has been launched.
The latest incident came after the electoral body sent home its ICT director in May over claims of sabotage.
The Director for ICT James Muhati was sent on a compulsory leave by the commission following accusations that he had refused to cooperate in an ongoing audit of ICT systems.
Though, Muhati was later reinstated.

www.theheroesreallife.com
Different Themes

0 comments